- Different than last renewal cycle, you can use one of the following web browsers to access the renewal system: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome. We encourage you to make sure that you have the most current versions of any one of these browsers prior to attempting to renew your license.
- You will go to www.myfloridalicense.com , and either select “Renew Your License ” or “Licensee Login.” If you have not accessed your account recently, you may be prompted to “Create an Account.”
- You need a PIN Number or Activation Code, which is the last four digits of your social security number, to successfully create your account. If your social security number will not work, you should contact the Florida Board of Professional Engineers at (850) 521-0500 and select “Renewal ” to update your record. Once you have established your account, you may change your contact information, if necessary, then continue the process to renew your license.
- You will execute an “Attestation Statement ” that you have completed the required continuing education for renewal. Beginning with last renewal period, you no longer are required to report continuing education to the Board. However, you still must complete the required four (4) hours of Area of Practice and four (4) hours of Laws and Rules, and you must keep proof of completion for four (4) years (two renewal cycles) after renewal. Pursuant to Rule 61G15-22.006, F.A.C., Demonstrating Compliance, all licensees are subject to a random audit for compliance with continuing education requirements. If you are selected for the audit, you must then submit proof of completion of the credits to the Board. You can access the rule by going to the Statutes and Rules page under the Legal section at www.fbpe.org/legal/statues-and-rules.
- You will then pay your fees and renew your license.
No credit card or cash payments will be accepted with mail-in renewals - only checks or money orders. Credit or debit cards will be the only form of payment accepted with online renewals.
The qualifying engineer must renew his or her license before the Certificate of Authorization can be renewed.
In order to place your license inactive during the current renewal period, you must provide evidence for eight (8) hours of continuing education during the prior renewal period (2013-2015) and pay the renewal fee. You may then request for your license to be placed inactive. Be sure you have read and understand the requirements of Rule 61G15-22.001, FAC, regarding activating your license before your request an inactive status.
You are required to have your social security number in the database in order to set up your account. If the number in database is incorrect, the system will not allow you to set up your account. If you experience any problems, please call the Board office at (850) 521-0500 and select "Renewal" to speak to a representative.
Any CE hours taken after February 28, 2015 will result in a result $100 delinquent fee and your license being placed in a delinquent status until the additional fee is paid.